Monday 8 March 2010

Berkhamsted Half Marathon - nailed it!

A real fitness test in prep for the big one, and my 1st half marathon. Decent conditions for running although quite chilly. The route was ridiculously hilly, and it felt like I was in a Fell run at times! Rina and the kids were there to cheer me on - so I didn't want to disappoint! The race went really well. I paced myself up until the final 3rd of the race, then really went for it. Finished in under 2 hours!! official chip timing was 01:56:50.


Some bloke decided to run as the Stig. As I passed I could hear muffled whimpering come from his blacked out helmet - out of which a steady trickle of sweat poured...... poor sod!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your half-marathon! It's amazing how family can keep one motivated and inspired. I hope your recovery is swift...you should try more acupunture(jk)! I actually like it for recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg. I reckon I'll need another round of acupuncture for my sore left knee! Maybe I'll get used to it but the sight of needles being stuck into my knees and thighs is what I find a tad off putting...

    ReplyDelete